CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT INFORMATION AND INFORMED CONSENT
A Soul Care session is a once off restorative prayer ministry session of 2 - 3 hours.
a Soul Care session is facilitated by a team of two or three Soul Care team members. Who they are will be dependent on the time of the session and their availability.
I UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING:
- This pastoral ministry falls under one of the visions and values of Doxa Deo, reaching hurting people and helping them to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
- The information in these sessions will be handled in a confidential manner. Please note our lay pastoral counsellors attend regular group supervision.
- The lay pastoral counselors/facilitators are not professionals, they have been equipped with the tools and training to create a safe and non-judgmental environment to facilitate spiritual and personal growth.
- However, I may be referred to other helping professionals such as psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers etc., should it be necessary.
- I understand that it is required by law that ANY information disclosed of “reasonable suspected child abuse” or “reasonable suspected vulnerable adult abuse”, the intent to harm or endanger another person or one’s self, be reported to the relevant authorities. Children `s Act, no 38 of 2005, Mental Health Care act, no 17 of 2002, Older Persons Act, no 13 of 2006.
- Out of courtesy, I will give at least 24 hour notice when cancelling an appointment, failure to do so for 2 weeks in a row results in the loss of my appointment time.
I have read and understood the above. I take full responsibility for any decision, choices and actions I make in conjunction with the soul care/ support/pastoral care I receive, and therefore, absolve, the Pastoral Ministry, all staff and called ones from any liability.